R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Matthew_Armeni
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m2cracing
I stand corrected on the chassis being the same.
All the bolt holes are the same.
the Kick up on the new chassis is 2 degrees steeper than the .2 on
the new chassis I just got.
The chassis kickup should be the same, must be manufacturing variance Once all the parts are tightened up it should be fine.
Your chassis will fit all our electric kits

Originally Posted by jhautz
Thats weird. Wouldn't they need to make a new front diff housing if they changed the kick up? Otherwise the steering top plate and chassis badge and all would be off. I haven't seen any mention of changed kick up in any of the tekno documentation. Just milled and lightened.

Wonder if it's just some variation in the manufacturing, or if it was truly intended to be a different kick up.
No change, variation as you said.

Originally Posted by FastPete
I found on ones I built ( the first gen ) you actually had to pull up on the front to get the bolts in the top plate. So might make sense they added a bit.
Yeah, we've always suggested that users tighten everything up a little bit at a time and it will seat just fine.

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
I see that there are no shims for each of the 4 smaller gears in the diffs like there were on the .1. Is something different now? Didn't think that there was a change. Ready to put .3 together and I'm gonna use steel pins instead of the composite ones so do I need the shims still? Thanx
Our very first run of EB48 kits had shims for the spider gears but then we went to the larger diameter cross pins with the milled flat spots and made the gears slightly larger so that we could omit those shims.
You will not be able to use the steel cross pins that used the shims, their diameter is too small. If you feel uneasy about the plastic cross pins and want to use metal ones I suggest the aluminum ones, PN:TKR5149A.