R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ooops! I think I will get an Ammo Box
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 AM
190mph
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Ooops! I think I will get an Ammo Box

But these are my fault as I never set them at storage voltage and they have been stored at full charge for like 5 years after buying them used here in 2010 and thought I was getting back into R/C. I never knew enough about the guidelines.

I cycled them a few weeks back and they seemed to have decent capacity but left them at full charge and they puffed open in my office one side and when I put them outside in a bag in the middle of the patio stones last night in the backyard the other side puffed open. Can't afford the fire. Close call!

I am discharging my Reedy 5000mAh Touring Car pack that was new 5 years ago down to 3.85V per cell now on my LRP Pulsar 3 and LRP balancer device setup. It is slightly puffed on the case. I plan to upgrade the GFX for Lipo and discharge it at 35 Amps and cycle it a few times before even thinking to use it when indoor season starts again next fall. Probably at best a practice pack. Maybe it falls on its face for power/punch.

The batteries I have been buying here lately for the B44 and B5M FL, I checked them and they are in the 3.85 per cell so good there and those are perfect.

Phew!