R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C Racing TC02C Evo 2wd Mid Motor Buggy Thread
Old 04-12-2015, 08:20 AM
IntegraMark
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
In case anyone is considering the conversion kit....
I started my X2C/Tc02c conversion last night. The old front & rear assemblies simply unbolt making it really easy & quick.

Evo arms & rollbar arnt included. Apart from that everything need is in the conversion kit.
You get a new geardiff & new body. Thats what sold me on the conversion kit, I needed a new body & wanted a geardiff. The chassis plate seems almost the same, just approx 8mm longer. I guess I could use the old TC02c chassis plate if I wanted the car shorter.
The new evo batt strap just seems stupid. What were they thinking. No reason I couldnt mod the evo to take the TC02c bat posts & retainer, I may just do that.

The gear diff is a shocker. The worst I have come across. As noted by others , its too tight when assembled as is , really clicky/notchy...just bad.
One side of the gear diff has a definite wobble.
Apart from the diff, the gearbox as a whole is really smooth, no issues there.

The TC02c arms fit , TC02c cv's are about 1mm too short , but fit. They could pop out on a bad crash?
I also used alu rear hubs, as I had a pair in my spares box :-)

Only possible downside with the conversion kit is that racers uploaded setup sheets will be for the kit version (with different arms/hub & sway bar)

I think the old battery strap was overkill. wasn't trilled about using 4 body clips, I prefer the 2 thumb screws. before making the mod to fit the old strap, give the new one a try. i've had some serious crashes, tumbles and cartwheels and its held my battery in just fine.

Did you do the suggested maintenance to the gear diff before assembling it? deburring the shims that fit behind the sun gears should solve the problem. doubling up on the diff gasket also solves the issue.

I haven't heard of anyone having CV issues with their conversion...not yet at least but if it was a regular issue, it would have been mentioned already. keep us updated in case it does happen.