R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Nemaris
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Yes, the SCT410.3 and the new EB48SL use 4mm turnbuckles and rod ends for the steering and camber links.

The only turnbuckles that are the same are the steering links. The original SCT used 5mm threaded turnbuckles and rod ends for the camber links. We tested the smaller links extensively and found them to be more than strong enough for the SCT and SL. I even ran them on my EB48 with no problems.

They're actually good enough for our ET and NT, although with the stresses those diffs see (with the larger tires) it's better to stay with metal. They are also lighter, and significantly cheaper. We did a lot of things to cut cost in smart places to keep the street price the same as the original SCT410 while offering as many of our option parts as possible (lightened outdrives, aluminum balls and bushings, fully machined chassis, secured aluminum hexes, split diff, better droop screws, aluminum center driveshaft, etc.)

We had heard this as well and were skeptical about the reliability. Once we made ours they were tested by all our drivers in all of our vehicles. If they didn't hold up we wouldn't sell them.
I used my titanium steering links, I will be buying some more turnbuckles to use for the new kit! I will put my titanium turnbuckles from my old kit on my eb48.2. I agree that it was a smart move to cut costs in places where you can, and the composite pins are more than strong enough for the task. It's just a personal preference thing at this point. The fact that you get lightened outdrives, the new diff gears, etc etc is a BIG deal! It more than makes up for the things that have been cut for the sake of street price.