R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC WILDFIRE D07
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 05:44 PM
accord12
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Lonestar
i m a total beginner man i suck big time...

all jokes aside i m particularly anal about car assembly and maintenance. i usually see issues when other ppl dont. but believe me if i tell you ballcups are tight they ARE tight. and although the car would "work" like that it certainly wouldnt "perform". then again i know ppl who only rebuild their shocks a couple of times a year and are still hella fast. i m not good a driver enough to afford to have a suboptimally assembled car.

for instance... sthing that kept me busy tonight as it s 1am here: the hole on the alum shock cap was too small on two of them in my kit. the plastic shock cap wouldnt go thru all the way and as a result wuldnt sit on the shock body but instead pinch the bladder like hell-> leakage liekly. I had to pull out the dremel and bore it out a bit... now all 4 shocks are perfect. I betcha i m not the only one to have experienced this in my kit, but a lot of other users either didnt even see it, and others didnt want to talk about it...

done with the car. indeed there was litzle to work on vs other brands i ve bought the past cple of years but still it wasnt perfect. the fit on my bd7 '15 was a bit better (no shims needed but then again it was mre than $100 mre). here i also had to file a couple of things especially around the c-hub and rear hub assembly to get the suspension to be 100% free, with minimal slop.

will go test the car tomorrow yeepee !!!

good night
paul
I had same issue with shock cap(upper alu) and cap(plastic)
They might change molding parts a little bit (either upper cap, and low ball connector plastic parts) , very tight in my case

That's why I had to cut them all. When I put d06 shock cap(plastic parts) It was okay.

I cannot believe VBC racing dosen't consist with part quality (alu and plastic enev graphite)

It is my third kit (2 D06, 1 D07)

I hope VBC RACING remain the quality as a hi grade car brand.