R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Stock" TC
Thread: "Stock" TC
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 AM
homerthefourth
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Im happy to see this. Many of your points hold true. It takes a while to get the hang of mod but once you do, it becomes super rewarding.
It's a challenge and something to work towards.

Especially since most drivers I know while they are fast in mod, comparatively to the overall field they are not as fast as they are in stock. It's almost anyone's race.

The motors are crazy in stock. I picked up some motors lightly used from a gentleman that, while they are not the top 1%, they are (I believe) hand picked and set aside for specific individuals. I pull everyone down the straight. They are fast. Noticeably fast. BUT still not as fast as the factory guys. It's racing and part of the game. But knowing that there is an overwhelming chance they no matter what race you show up at (even being able to drive at the highest level) you will never make the A with the guys that get the top 1% of 17.5 motors kinda chaps the rear end. And even if you spend the cash to get the top 10% motors.. there's still the top 1% of that 10% you will never see unless you have a hookup. It's racing but you know.