Old 04-08-2015, 06:59 AM
The One They Call Dirty
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBLove
21.5 stock
13.5 super stock
Open mod
Why must stock be slowed down? Everyone in this thread makes it seem like you should be able to jump out into stock your very first time touching a rc car and expect to keep up. Here's the sad truth to that, it has never and will never happen! Stock too fast? Get a vta car, because at some point or another, we all raced a slow class, most of us got our start that way. When I first learned what this hobby was all about back in 2000, I knew buying a touring car and trying to run with the stock tc guys wouldn't have worked out in my favor. I'd crash, get in their way, crash again, get in their way some more, and so on and so forth. So you know what I did? I bought a tamiya TL01 and ran novice for 6 months. After I learned what driving lines were and how to tune the suspension (I had a super decked out TL01 after a few months), I decided to buy an entry level tc and the slowest 27.5 I could. And progressed up the ladder from there.

This hobby is about progression. Not a single pro or club champ picked up the radio one day and was as fast as they are now. If the 17.5 is too fast for you, you can do one of three things; 1. Complain like you are now, and get nowhere with it. 2. Turn down the epa on the radio and gradually inch your way up to full speed. 3. Run a slower class.