R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts !
Old 04-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bones 8% protects extremely well, I first discovered Bones Brew in the oval racing circuits due to how well it was protecting. The guys using Bones were getting more then triple the lifespan from their engines as guys running regular fuels. And Let me tell you oval racing kills engines really fast, these guys are running modified 28's pretty much non stop wide open, just brutalizing their engines... We were seeing a very high number of rod failures along with worn crankpins. Guys running regular common fuels were lucky to see 3 big race events per engine meanwhile guys running Bones were able to go 2 seasons, the difference is huge...Even at 8% oil Bones is going to protect better then anything else , even competitors with 11% oil won't match it....So don't be scared to try the Bones 8% the quality of its oil is very high and it has proven to me to offer superior protection under the harshest of conditions... However in the end there is nothing wrong with the 10% either, but just don't assume the 8% is lacking enough protection ...