R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo R12
Thread: Yokomo R12
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 11:36 PM
EDWARD2003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt
Well Thursday night I finally got the 1/12 out again and did about 2 hours of practice at the track and straight into a race night, Only my second time driving the car.

With a fair bit of help from a couple of guys I got it going around the rack in a reasonably controlled fashion well almost.

In the qualifiers I was doing okay, got faster in the second one. But come the finals it was starting to go down hill, I had to do a lot of warm up laps to get the rear end hot enough to be anywhere usable, second and third final it was just out of control and had to pull it off to avoid becoming a problem for the others on the track.

Now for the questions, I was running medium fronts and soft rears, I ended up coning the fronts by about 1.5 mm difference inner to outer, im guessing this is just due to too much camber.

The last 2 races I was struggling for rear grip, is the easy fix to hunt down some softer tyres?

Also does anyone have a sort of procedure they do on setting up one of these cars?

And how should the diff be?
I would start at running - 1.0 camber on the front.

What is your toe out?
What is your front hingepin position? Bottom/Middle/Top?

Also, your tires seem to be fine, but what are your saucing times for the front and rear?

Last edited by EDWARD2003; 04-05-2015 at 03:57 AM.