R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 04:57 PM
mojo tom
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
My advice would be to take the weight out of the back of the car and move it forward.

On my preparation for the race on clay (my first experience on dirt with the YZ) I prepped the car wit Lee's setup from cactus. By the end of practice I was back to being very close to where I was on carpet with the setup (short of shock oil and rear link). Even on dirt, the car feels better and better the more forward the weight bias is.

And it's not like it's slow, I qualified 6th overall and as high as 3rd in the first round of qualifying in 17.5. Finished 7th with some horrific first lap traffic, but I'd consider it to be respectable for a car that's "only good on carpet" ( and driven by a 40 year old amongst teenagers)

Does not work for me on low grip running mod motor though, I would have loved a rear link assembly made of brass to put weight up and at the rearmost part of the car (and remove 50g lipo weight).

Car is capable on low grip, I got 50g underlipo, around 35g behind motor and a brass rear hanger and could have used some more weight on the rear.