R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2015 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Radio Active
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hear what you're saying Baggz. The focus must be on clubs and club racers.

The reason we're concerned with the drop in numbers, is because it means that we're catering for 25 fewer club racers per round than we were with 1-day meets. And each club is about ~$1500 worse off than it was before as a result. Fewer funds for clubs, fewer racers enjoying club series.

As I recall the reason for splitting the meets was to be able to cater for more club racers. We wanted more people to be able to enjoy club series. Instead it seems we've got more people enjoying 2 lots of CS per round, and more people staying home.

That's it in a nutshell.

I agree there are too many classes. I tried to put my thoughts about that into this post, but it got like 10 times longer. I agree with you that a separate Truck series is the way to go if people really want to run truck. I'm not really hearing that much enthusiasm for it to be honest. "It's my 3rd favourite class, I wouldn't drop buggy, but I want to run it," is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Maybe, like you Baggz, I've been around too long. Because I remember when most club racers only had 1 car. Now it seems that to get a full day's racing in you have to have at least 2 cars, because there are so many other people wanting to run multiple classes that there isn't enough time left in the day to guarantee the one class racer more than 20 minutes of track time in 8 hours! Now people want to run 4 classes, and we wonder where the problem is? The Juniors all only raced 1 class each. They all seemed pretty happy. Do the rest of us need to run 4 classes to be satisfied?