R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 01:44 PM
hipwell
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
Let's not confuse droop with tweak. Droop will affect tweak when using the old pan car penny/dime method of setting tweak. I believe tweak should be adjusted with the suspension being preloaded by the weight of the car as it is on the track.

The first thing is to make sure your car is balanced along the center line. Add weight on the left or right until it does balance along the center line. I usually move hardware around to obtain balance and then you can tune with weight later if needed.

Next, making sure all shock springs have the same preload use some type of balance beam to set tweak and not the old penny/dime method. I never adjust this using shock spring preload. I loosen the top plate and twist the chassis and then tighten until the tweak is set. I usually slot the top plate holes a bit(left to right) to make adjusting easier. Our car has button head screws to secure the top plate so that's perfect.

If you can afford scales and don't mind messing around for hours they probably are the most accurate method for setting balance and tweak. Just like NASCAR.

Now set the droop.
Thanks that's a great guide.

I'll try that method with tweak, in the past I've always loosened the top deck to make sure the chassis is flat and then use the the shock preload to take out any tweak.