R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 07:58 PM
racer rich
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Racer Rich see my reply on the HPI Forum.

http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/sho...7&pagenumber=2
Yes, thank you very much for that reply. I have some questions though about the parts you recommended to me for the floating rear body mount installation. I am a little confused on what everything is for and where it goes, so your help will be greatly appreciated!

I have a question regarding the VZ085 swaybars and the VZ088 Body Mount Post.

About the swaybars, I am not currently using rear swaybars on my Reflex. Do you have to run swaybars while using a floating rear body mount? This also means I don't have the hardware needed for the swaybars. I think those swaybars need, turnbuckles, ball cups and ends, ball end aluminum balls, and the "setcrew stopper collates". Does Kyosho package and sell the swaybars I need along with all the necessary hardware and parts? Is there any other aftermarket swaybar manufacturers that you recommend over Kyosho? I saw this Ant-Roll Bar Set on the K-Factory website. It looks awesome, but I don't know if it will work with a floating rear body mount. Would you know if this K-Factory Anti-Roll Bar set will work with a floating rear body mount? It is the part number, K113 Anti-Roll Bar Set. I can't post a picture of it here because for some reason it is not showing. It is at www.kfactoryracing.com

I also have a simple question regarding the VZ088 Body Mount Post. From the picture, I see this is an aluminum part. I think this aluminum piece fits and goes over the "very short and small" body mount posts on the VZ083 floating mount to kind of act like an adapter for the VZ089 "tall" body posts. Then, with the VZ088 Body Mount Post on the "very short" body posts, I believe you can fasten the VZ089 "tall" body mount posts to the VZ088 aluminum body mount posts so I can use touring bodies. Is this the way the installation goes? I am thinking of the VZ088 aluminum body mount as kind of as a "adapter", which allows me to screw or fasten the VZ089 "tall" body posts to the existing "very short" body posts on the VZ083 floating rear body mount. Also, since there is two "tall" body posts needed for this installation, would I also need two packages of the VZ088 aluminum Body mount posts since there is only one aluminum body post per package? I think you need one VZ088 aluminum body post for each VZ089 "tall" body post to complete the installation, am I right?

I apoligize of some of this sounds confusing. Its the best way I can explain it to give you guys a visual picture of what I am talking about.

Thanks again for your help guys!!

Rich

Last edited by racer rich; 07-07-2002 at 08:02 PM.