R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 03:32 PM
racer rich
Regional Moderator

Kyosho V-One RR Floating Rear Body Mount

Hello. I posted this same question at the HPI V-One R forum but maybe I can get more input from a larger variety of V-One R owners. Maybe you guys can help me out with a Kyosho part I am looking for. I have a Trinity Reflex NT and I would like to install a floating rear body mount on it. I have looked all over for a floating rear body mount for a V1R/Reflex, and until today, have not been able to find one. I just looked in the August 2002 issue of RC Car Action and saw Kyosho's new add for the V-One RR-GT. The add showed a picture of this car with a floating rear body mount, or turret-link body mount as they called it. This is exactly what I am looking for because I use a Andy's/Yokomo Stratus body on my Reflex and from the ad, which the floating rear body mount equipped V-OneRR was pictured with a Protofrom Stratus, is almost an exact match for my needs.

Does anyone know the part number for the V1RR floating rear body mount? Is there any online and mail-order shops, here in the U.S.A. or even in Europe and Asia, that sell this item? I don't care where the shop is located just as long as they sell it and ship worldwide.

I have found these three body mounts on the rcmodel.com.hk online shop and one from the Tobee Craft site. I don't know if they are a floating rear body mount at all or if you can use them with a touring sedan body. Here are pictures of them:

This body mount is from Kyosho. It is part number, VZ083. I think its for the 1/8th scale FANTOM, since it has very short body mount posts that seem to be for LOLA bodies. Will this work with a Stratus body?

Also, here is a body mount from Square. I do not know if it is a floating rear body mount at all. I think this is just a fancy non-floating body mount. Am I right?

Here is a Tobee Craft modified V-One R (don't know if its a RR) with a floating rear body mount. I don't know if Tobee Craft makes this particular floating body mount. Do any of you guys know if Tobee makes this body mount and if it will work with a Stratus body?

Some of the information I have been reading through from this thread says that the V-OneRR floating rear body mount is somewhat ineffective. Is there any other aftermarket manufacturers that make a more effective floating rear body mount for the V-OneR(R) /Reflex?

I apoligize if I posted too many pictures and gave your computer a tough time while loading up. I wanted a floating rear body mount from the first time I bought my Reflex, so I am now hunting one down.

Thanks in advance.

Rich