View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 10:27 AM
jimmylim85
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hydrakermit
Hi all,

My names Josh,

I wonder if someone can help, sorry if this has been asked previously,

When I first assembled my BD7 15, I couldn't tighten the little M3x6 flat head screw that goes into the layshaft, if i do, when the drivetrain runs forward the whole drivetrain locks up, as the car was new i didnt want to over tighten it, so i decided to slacken it up (maybe a little to much) on the first run with the car, the screw and bearing flew out during a race and I lost them.

Is there anything i can do to prevent this?

I have brought new screws and the washer and bearing that I lost and put a little thread lock on a M3x6 flat head screw, this has so far worked for 5 rounds.

Ive heard I can use a button head screw without the washer, but im unsure what size screw, maybe M3x8 Button head?

Just wondered if anybody has/had this problem and what you have done to prevent it, also wondered what you lot are running.

I have attached a pic of the screw in question, the pic shows someone using a button head screw with no washer, hence the question.

Any replies and help is appreciated.
Get a M3 0.5mm aluminum washer and slap it in before the "rosette washer" as shown on manual Page 5. Previously I have tried Team Associates thread locker, it sucks when you want to remove the spur gear (big chance you might strip the screw head).

After installing the washer, no matter how tight you screw the M3x6 FH. It won't jam the centre gear pulley movement.

give it a try.