R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 09:22 AM
MaruRx7
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mozflyer
1) After reading that for a complete newbie the stock CS ratio could be aggressive, I have decided to start with 1,56
I could achieve that by replacing the 22T pulley by a 16T
- Is that the best way to get 1.56?
- I have the 3Racing Aluminum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing Ver2 #SAKD313_PK
Will i be able to tension the belt with it?
I replaced my 22T with an 18T and the rear belt was very loose, i had to adjust the rear belt tensioner all of the way up, but my rear spool is in the stock adjustment location. I would assume that a 16T would make it extremely loose.
To reduce the overdrive(CS) to the rear wheels, i reduced my 22T to 18T and increased my 13T to 15T. This calculates to 1.52 CS
all other pulleys are still stock size.

2) I have the FOW
- I have to order the 3Racing Aluminum Center One Way Pulley Gear T13 #3RAC-3PYW_13. Correct?
- Is this the correct pulley for the FOW? 3Racing Aluminum FRONT Diff. Pulley Gear T38 #3PY38
I dont seem to find a Centre One Way 38T
Any link?

You do not need to order a 13T pulley gear unless your stock one is damaged.
3RAC-3PY/13

The 38T pulley is the correct stock size pulley for the FOW, but you do not need an alloy pulley unless your stock plastic 38T pulley is damaged.
3RAC-3PY/38

Center pulleys range from 13T to 29T
Diff/FOW/Spool pulleys range from 30T to 45T

3) I have the NOVAK Drift Spec Sensored Brushless System 13,5T COMBO
- Which pinion must i get for the 1.56 CS?
(To have a variety, i intend to order the Yeah Racing Pinion Gear Super Hard Combo set (48P 15T-20T 6pcs #MG-48015-020) from RCMart)
For this set of pinions the site does not indicate their diameter
Will they fit the Novak motor shaft which is 1/8"?
The Pinion/Spur gears do not affect the ratio for CS, only Final Drive ratio(FDR) of getting power from the motor into the drivetrain.
As far as the motor shaft diameter, i believe most of the motor shafts are the same, but i could be incorrect.

4) When one day i change the CS back to the stock 2.14, will i need to fit a different pinion?
Not necessarily. Changing the FDR primarily changes your max speed from motor into the rest of the drivetrain.