R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Surge Worldwide
Thread: Surge Worldwide
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
rcbarrmeister
Tech Apprentice

Default Snowbirds

Gary,

Just wanted to thank you for supplying me with excellant packs for the Birds. Starting on the pole in the mains, I jumped out to an early lead for the first 4 laps, only to get punted, landing on my roof and dropped back to 7th. About 20 laps later I worked my way back up to 1st. On lap 38 someone decided to park their car between turns 1 and 2 and I t-boned his azz, leaving me at a dead stop with my nose against the drivers door of his car. When I saw that the turn marshalls weren't going to be able to get to me for a while, I just squeezed the trigger and bulldozed the blocked car out of the way and went on to take the win in the ever prestigious Oval 4 cell stock G main. That kind of move would generally kill a pack, but the Surge cells didn't seem to be bothered by it. I started on 4.7's and 8's and ended on 9's and 0's.

Congrats to my buddy Lawson on his solid runs. Just wish he would have brought that rope he was talking about, so I could have qualified a little higher.

Congrats to Frank Ulbrik as well. It was nice meeting you and your brothers. I think your brother Chris was the man to beat in stock, but unfortunately he didn't get a clean run in the A.

Barry