R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Hacksback
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
That only hurts the event IMO. This facility and race doesn't need any more "bad press" than it's already gotten. You would think they would take that as a sign to do better with the other aspects of the race (aka tech)

Sadly I think this type of no tech thing leaves the door open to issues, where it hurts the most, the club level. Teching is not hard its simply needs to be done. People are more likely to race if they know things are being check and are fair vs. thinking "to run this class I need to learn how to cheat so I can be competitive".

Outside of a a TRUE sportsman/novice class I think teching is a good thing and it benefits the races and the tracks.

IMO
I agree.

I personally would be pretty upset if I went to a race of this caliber and was racing stock and no tech was happening (or very limited). Travel that far just to wonder if people in your class are cheating. It should be a non-issue, especially when you are paying that much for a single entry. What is the point of including the stock class if no one is sure that everyone is running stock? It takes away the validity from the winner.