R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New isnt always better...when will chassis peak?
Old 03-12-2015, 04:21 PM
nicholasxuu
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridered4life250
So there it is. Is that why we keep seeing a lot of the same things? ROAR is hampering advancement?
no fight on this one, I like both the heavily regulated cheap and fun nascar style racing, also the highly advanced technology testing ground like (part of) F1 and World Endurance Championship.
ROAR rule starts from a good basis to the "sport", and they are pretty open minded (i.e. letting these 4wd buggy shorty only configuration be legal).
Just thinking it would be fun if those imaginations will ever be feasible enough to exist, making rc cars a cheaper technology test ground for real stuffs. (i.e. deltawing project started using an rc car to test its concept will even work or not)

Originally Posted by jmackani
The 1/8th design is no longer narrow and now pretty much has a Mugen pillow ball front end. Look at the new vehicles.
yes, it's gonna run just fine, strong, and easy to work on. But just like their touring car, if you are not sponsored by them, why buy it?
It's the same price as those major brand's, won't be future classic to be a collector's item, nor they are a huge brand like kyosho or AE, parts are probably not available in local hobby stores either.
The only thing I can think of is if someone is seriously into both 1/8 and 4x4 SCT class, and he really want them to share one part box. Then what's wrong with tekno? lacking pillow ball front end?