R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 03-10-2015, 05:46 AM
hanulec
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
stogie - spr02 don't break unless you hit something. with the new damper, D2-s, we have seen more spr02 bending that usual (i used to always bend the spr02 in the rear of my car w/ D6 dampers after a BIG wreck).

this week i built a new Evo 2 kit, and ran it for the first time in racing (no practice due to 'work' getting in the way -- unicorn issues). anyway, after completing just two laps in Q1, i found that i had a little wiggle/bend/gap within my spr02 springs after those first two laps. in the pits before round 2 i adjusted the dampers within the AM17 holders while they were installed in the car. i just loosened the screw on the AM17 and compressed the suspension fully once. i tightened the screws back --- did this one at time. my next run, Q2 wasn't stellar, as i was still working on making my Gee setup not traction roll. when i got back to the pits i expected to have a lot of bent spr02 (as we did at Snowbirds). instead, i found a slop free suspension like i was used to getting w/ the prior car/old dampers.

by round 3 -- i nearly TQ'd, if it wasn't for some back marker body damper -- pancaking my body, i think i could have done it. fairtrace took the same car out in the 3rd round of mod qualifying and beat TQ by 3-4s .... all with a car he never did one lap with.

anyway -- long story short -- the car is different. and sometimes you need to know a trick or two. but in the history of my car racing, i've never been able to build a car, put 5 packs thru it, and nearly TQ at a national quality race. car is super dialed....
one quick additional piece of info--

this past weekend i set my up travel to be 14mm high.