R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:09 PM
dblhelx
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Differential help....please!

Hi.....just finished building this kit. First 1/8 scale and my first build in years since my B44...... inexperienced!

I followed the instructions perfectly, or as far as I can tell. Lol. I squeeze the trigger and the motor spins up, meshed to the pinion perfectly and it spins the center diff just fine.....fast. but VERY little power is getting to the wheels and it CRAWLS along very slowly.

Took out the center diff since I noticed a little oil seepage, cleaned it out, refilled since it looked a little low on oil.......zero wear on gears anywhere. Was literally the first time I drove it. Tightened everything up and zipped up the buggy. Same thing.....everything spins fast but the wheels. Lol. Just noisy and barely moves forward.

It's got to be one of the diffs. How can I figure out which diff may be the culprit. I'm sure it will be recommended I shim inside to make sure the gear teeth are meshing.......WHERE do I put the shims and which part # are the diff shims? There are so many little dam washers to choose from. I did countless searches and read a ton of pages in this thread....might just be easier to ask.

Thank you very very much!!