R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 02-16-2005, 07:30 AM
prawntoe
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Series for 200mm GP on road

Originally posted by MrChan
I think 4 seats r still not enough ... Autralia is just very near only. So I think there will be a lot of people want to go for. !! .

Just the idea and suggestion that why we don't have qualify at HPRC and also at PA ..The 2 tracks are totally diff ..big and small ...
ph lim,

Thank you for spearheading all these !!

considerations will also be :

will members of rcmc get discount joining these races. eg : taising hprc race (onroad) or turf city (offroad) ?

alot of proper onroad tracks overseas eg : australian wc tracks are very different then our local tracks. HPRC may not be appropriate as a selection ground although it's easy (and it seems to me like it's becoming the norm of mprcmc) to tag along other races because of limited resources and constantly worrying about participant numbers ( to break even ).

Maybe we can fire up PA races again this year as selection race for the wc. At very least PA track looks comparable - in size and sweepers :-) kakaaa

This will definately add interest and maybe who knows bring back the crowd to PA since "modern cars like (talk 200mm here) RRR, mtx-3 and 710 can have good gear ratios to perform well even at PA without killing an engine after a couple of runs :-)

Surely waking up the big white elephant should be on the comittee's consideration