R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - St. Peter - Mankato Area: Indoor Off-Road Racing
Old 03-08-2015, 06:39 PM
katok
Tech Initiate

At first I didn't really care for it, I miss the fast but tight feel of the old layout. After turning a few laps and figuring out how to take the pinwheel, short jump and get around the table it grew on me. I still don't take them right, but at least I have a good idea of what right should look like. Looking forward to running it again to figure some more out. Certainly helps that there are some good drivers to emulate. Just slow down and do what they do, I'm always surprised at how fast slow is.

Spec Slash had a good turnout today, made for more fun. Seems that tires, motor, and battery are where the big gains are, hoping we can keep it at 7 cell NIMH, 2s Lipo, 12t Titan, and Traxxas tires. I'm open to bending the rules a little now and then to get the class filled out and to give everybody opportunity to run, but there'll be a point the mod trucks should just run mod. A Slash with VXL and pin tires would only need LCG to be competitive in open.

Lunch is a nice touch. It's a good long day and between preparing, marshaling (we're all taking our turn marshaling right?), racing, and fixing there's not a lot of down time to go get food. KFC was getting old! So thanks to Rusty for feeding us again today.