R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB04 Pro
Thread: Tamiya TB04 Pro
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Hayling
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
I'm currently running Gravity 1 mil in the front and Assoc 100 wt in the rear. Also went one step lighter on rear springs and running sway bars F&R. This calmed the car down a bunch. Think going heavy in the rear is not what you are looking for as the car has a ton of on power steering out of the box. My setup is for carpet. Asphalt might be a little different.
Thanks for the input! I'll just put 1k cst/100 wt oil in the rear. When working with geared diff combination f/r instead of a front spool, do you find that they interplay, or are they more separate?

For example, say you went down to a 500k front weight like I plan on putting in there, would one then go lighter on the rear oil? They seem fairly exclusively when tuning, but I ask for that same reason; I read a lot on here and elsewhere, and think a lot of people throw money at the wrong areas to remedy something that can be taken care of at a more basic level with things like diff oil combinations. It's just hardly mentioned.

Every single person at our club probably has a spool for their 10th scale. My goal for this car's setup is less herky-jerky and more smooth and steady. I really don't know if anyone is running a front geared diff out there. Most people just cut the wheel and scrub speed at every chance. It's mostly compensating for the traction and surface conditions I think. Some of the VTA guys can be really smooth at those lower speeds though.

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
too stiff an oil in the rear diff will fishtail on power.... especially on low grip conditions. from experience, that is.
This all makes sense. I think I'm forgetting about corner exit, and what's going on there with weight transfer and power application.

Thanks folks!