R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 06:32 AM
WillS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scythe23
Won't argue with you about the quality of Yokomo since I haven't bought one yet but I will say in my b5m the weight savings in the rotating mass is a huge improvement on how snappy my car drives, to say that the weight savings isn't worth it is imo not very accurate at all from a 17.5 racer point of view. Now for mod i can't see the value at all in the shiny pucks
. Also with proper maintenance the orange pucks are not an issue
Yes the weight savings is not the benefit of the pucks system. With the pucks you always maintain a zero lash setting in the dogbones creating a quick snap feel. This is a big power loss for stock class racers who race on high bite without a pucks system. Then we can go into the rotation weight loss. The entire diff of a pucks system weighs 8-10g. This is over %50 weight reduction compared to stock.

In comparison to when I raced road bikes, when I went to BST wheels on my R6 I would gain more acceleration and top end, this was only paired with the ease of the bike's handling when flipping it back and forth through corners. I worked way less with the BST and could ride harder longer than I could with the stock aluminum wheels. This is why stock drivers seek out parts like this.