R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 17.5 cheater caught in the North East
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Davidka
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The comments on the facebook page represent everything wrong with people today. People want the guys name listed publicly and banned from tracks everywhere. I'd SUE anyone that did that and would win! I don't cheat and don't condone it but the point is that inspectors are there to keep everyone fair. Find a problem and deal it, as was done here. Public shaming is criminal. Moreso than this mod.
I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal to write someone's name on a Facebook wall. Shaming the cheater serves 2 purposes: #1. It punishes them directly. Simply making them change motors does not deter them from cheating in the future. #2 It deters others from acting the same way, ie. "you don't want to be like that guy.

Originally Posted by nv529
And this is reason #2,340,249 why stock racing needs to go away!
Nonsense. Stock is healthier now than at any time in the history of the sport. Racing in my region is healthier than it's been in the past decade because of blinky stock. It's cheaper to run than mod once you realize participating in the motor of the month club doesn't show up on the time sheets, unless your track crew builds jumps specifically to reward those top 5% of motor/battery buyers. The biggest cost associated with competitiveness is tires and there's no disputing that modified increases that cost.

Originally Posted by aeRayls
What's the point anyway. There's a well known company that has cheater blinky software for their team drivers that you'd never be able to detect at all. Stock racing is broke as hell. Everyone who thought it was bad in the brushed days never had it as bad as it is now.
Name them or you're lying.

Originally Posted by nv529
Its called re-sorting every round and B-Z mains. Nobody is forcing you to drive a uncontrollable 6.5T in your 2wd. It's perfectly fine to run a 13.5 (or whatever size motor you can hold on to) in mod.
The power differential is discouraging for the newer drivers and frustrating for the faster drivers trying to pass them. Do away with stock and you will see numbers at most tracks dwindle dramatically.