R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Gearing Question
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 AM
dstidham
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for all the information everyone. The 76/33 with almost 60* of timing on his Killshot motor (that was what it was set to when we got the motor) with Just Stock ESC worked great for our track. In fact a little too good...

I have a D4, B5M and Just Stock ESC. I read the thread link above which has brought up some questions and concerns which may be better to post in that thread. If that is the case let me know.

Currently I am running 34/72 which ends up being a FDR of 5.5 (that is what came with the buggy). My timing is set to the default 30 and after running a complete battery pack its in the 130-140 range. So first question, should i be gearing for more run time or for the best 5-8 minute race run time?

There is single and table top jump together, but I struggle to land on the the top of the table top. My sons tlr has no problems. I know that is killing my lap times because I endo into the front ramp of the table top when i try to jump the gap. So i end up just slowing down over the first jump and then punch it over the table top.

I picked up a high torque rotor for the D4 which I am hoping will help.

I also noticed in the B5 manual there are two stock gearing suggestions. 69/31 and 78/23. I am assuming the higher the FDR the more torque. Should I try the 78/23 gearing option then turn the timing up on the motor?