Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:21 AM
WillS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
+1
The only reason why I decided for a B5M plus the soon to be released Redworkshop low rider conversion was that I was sick of having to figure everything out myself when I used to run the B-Max2 and also the VBC Racing Firebolt.
The thing about setup is... it carries over from car to car. A key factor to helping advance your setup is to have someone watch your car and give you good feedback as to what it looks like its doing. EVERY racing organization can not really be ran by 1 person. Crew chiefs can't make adjustments without the drivers input. Now if it is bad input, you might as well shoot your foot and try and run a marathon. There has to be someone to bounce information off of to make sure your going the right path. Practice helps out on this. I will spend 12 hours a week practicing to learn what my car is and isn't doing. I normally drag out a few friends and make it a great day of trash talking and laughs. The key thing is to be open about criticism. Sometimes we can think our car is working great when it actually is off pace by a lot.