R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team c tc10
Thread: Team c tc10
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 AM
killeraxemannic
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone. I got the TR10 version of this and I am liking it a lot. I was able to get into the A main of touring car 21.5 with it on the stock setup in a 3 day event. Only thing I changed was the spur gear and the drive pulleys. I got the upgraded aluminum pullies and the shaft as well as switched to an Xray offset 96T spur gear. This allowed me to run 96/47 gears for 3.88 with no rubbing issues on the chassis brace. You do have to drill 2 holes in the xray gear to get it to fit but it's still perfectly centered around the pulley even if you don't get your holes perfectly lined up. Car was really easy to drive and nothing broke during the 7 races. I was really impressed with how it held up. Definitely feel like I got my moneys worth. Only things I am planning on changing now are getting the aluminum motor and pulley mounts as well as the aluminum servo mount. Both plastic pieces flex a lot. The servo mount flexes enough that it's hard to get the car calibrated perfectly straight, and the plastic motor/pulley mounts flex a bit and will cause the spur gear to get stripped if you run too much tension on the front belt. Overall I don't think the price is too bad. $179 for the car plus about $40 worth of upgrade parts make it pretty darn race worthy.

Last edited by killeraxemannic; 03-02-2015 at 07:54 AM.