R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into it
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 10:13 AM
The Stig US
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uvxt
Hi,

I stopped racing 1/10 TCs years ago but the bug is returning and I'd like to get back into it.

Could you guys please give me a summary of what I've missed, what new stuff to go for etc? Brushless motors were something out of science fiction when I was racing, the same with LiPo batteries!

I still have my Yokomo MR4TC-BD, is that still a competent chassis or have all the electronic changes made it unusable?

What's the brushless equivalent of a stock motor?

I appreciate there's probably quite a bit that's gone on, and I think that's why I'm getting confused haha, but any help/guidance would be appreciated!

Rob
I love seeing this. I was there several years ago. I got out when brushless was just coming into the scene. I didn't want to be part of the rat race. The good news is NOW you can be competitive without being a "sponsored" driver getting the best batteries and motors. Also, the cars are tough and you don't have to buy 2 sets of foams every weekend to race. Rubber tires are the main reason I came back. I run USGT and VTA tires for over 1 year before they are worn out. Welcome Back!