R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 02:32 AM
Dagolf
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
I picked up the rtr (the one with the yellow body) version of the eight e 3.0 in November. I haven't been able to use it other than in my apartment. Has anybody been able to turn some laps in this car? I have been able to determine the servo sucks, but has anybody found any other weaknesses or strengths? I just wanted to get a bit of a leg up when our season opens. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome.
I am not sure about if the plastics are made the same or not. But I have heard of the spindles being a weak point. I personally have never broken one but have heard of others breaking them. If you plan on racing it's always a good idea to have extra hinge pins front and rear, shock shafts, and a front diff case as well. If you are wanting your chassis to last a good long while then I'd pick up some DE racing skid plates. Most hard core racers won't use these because they throw off your ride height readings. I'm sure I've missed something but in all honestly if you're a decent driver and don't absolutely thrash the car, it will last a good while and be a great car to drive. Definitely pick up a good servo. It makes a huge difference. I personally ran a spektrum s6090 on 7.4v all last season and it was a great servo.