R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 AM
rc-demon
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bmans5
Raced Night.

Had some success, thought I would share.

We Race a tight carpet track and my rear end was slipping all over the place in practice.
Took another racers suggestion (he is sorta the setup guru around here), we removed the Rear Sway bar completely, set the rear shocks tops all the way in and front shock tops all the way out (he also wanted to replace the Springs, Hard in Front, Soft in the rear but we didn't have time).
Car become WAY more planted and only when I really floored it did the rear step out on me.
Was put in the A main Qualifiers (really should have been in the Bs, I am a rookie) but was able to put down respectable time despite having to move aside for the faster racers and managed 5th (out of 6).
My position got me bumped down to the B-Main, and much to my complete amazement I got 2nd Place, which got me bumped back up to the A-main.....Where I was doing ok till my battery died after about 20 laps.

Overall I am really pleased with the car. Nothing Broke, It handled well, and I was happy with the results.

I strongly suggest a Parma Hard bumper and Front gear if your on a tight track. The bumper has probably saved me quite a few bucks and the gears just give me great speed out of the corners.

Figure I will have this car perfectly dialed in....just as the indoor season finishes and outdoor off-road begins
Thanks for sharing this setup, very intersting i will need to try this. Now you know to start a race on a full charge

What front gear are you refering to?