R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 07:01 AM
shahram72
Tech Initiate

Hello all, I just ordered one of these and the IFS kit. I'm not a racer, I'm getting it for the scale aspect. I'm more of a modeler and collector. Always liked F1 cars but the pan chassis always turned me off. This I had to have! Anyway as you guys know it does not come with tires. Need some help with those. What fits? I see on rcmart there are some suggested ones, but for one, I don't know which compound, and for two, since it's a scale build, I MUST have the ones with Bridgestone or similar scale markings on the sidewalls. Are those Tamiya tires? Will be running on the street and maybe some carpet indoor (although I am terrified to hit the sidewalls with this delicate machine). For powerplant, again, not racing, probably going to go with some simple high Kv 380 based setup. If it goes 30mph I'm happy. I am going to be real gentle with this car so I don't need a super durable motor.

I saw some F1 cars at the track last week, and one of them had what looked like carbon fiber front A-arms. I think they were vinyl wrapped, they looked really good. Anyone done this?