R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS .28 pull-start engine
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
dino.tw
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by ryan6682
Hi new to the forum here. ive got an sts.28 waiting at the post office for me to pick up tomorrow. I will be installing it in my xtm mammoth with shortened chassis. any tips what pipes to use, what glow plugs this motor likes, would be very helpful, I currently have the sts.21 dragon motor in my mammoth and it hauls, then I saw this .28 and just had to have it. Also is there an online hobby store that carries parts for these motors. I have been getting the motors off ebay but I would like to be able to get parts if I need them.

thanks , Ryan
Dear Ryan,

Just use it as the same as your D21B. You only need to take care about the pull-start system. Before you start the engine,take out the plug and pull it several time for practice. You need to know the total length of the line before you start the engine. Do not over pull it out. Another important thing is take care your mammoth...

One guy's comment about the .28 here...
Open the throttle then the car just backward somersault! The 5th wheel become no use anymore!

It happen on his MAD FORCE with STS .28. And he said that only 1/2 throttle the front wheels will leave the ground. So it become very hard to drive and let him torment. Many users love it also hate it.

God Bless You,
Dino