R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help with Blitz Flux RTR Kit. It doesnt work! What else do I need?
Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 AM
BigBadDogg
Tech Adept

Hi coolguy
your blitz can handle a 3 cell lipo.. I personally would use a 2 cell only ..Reason you have a 4000kv motor and this rc will be FAST with a 2 cell lipo.. wich is 8.4 volts.. we have to consider the charged finished voltage not the resting or storage voltage that is 7.4volts.. or 3.7 volts a cell.

As for a 2 cell lipo battery I do not like turnigy nano batterys to many people have had bad batterys.. Id go with another brand about $10 more.. either Fusion or Skylipo.
as for size a 5000 mah battery with 40C+ is ideal.. as for C rate it is that C x 5.000 = amps.. so 40 x 5.0 = 200 amps and your esc is a 80 amp esc with 540 amp burst.. as for a charger Id suggest a 10 amp charger .. many out .. The Imax X180 is a 10 amp charger with touch screen.. has some good usable info also on batterys condition..

The battery and charger I recommended is about $100 you will need a 12v power supply that puts out 12 amps..a Modded computer power supply is a good choice and can be found for under $10 at many computer resale stores and $5 in parts gets you what you need..