R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eXpress Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Jon Williams
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

WOW!!! That was awesome!

Freddy and I had such a great time down at the Birds! We arrived there on Friday around 2 PM and I began building motors right away and supplying the team guys with fresh packs.

Got to first send out props to Mike Dobbs for his incredible runs in both 19T and stock. He really laid it down in the third run in 19T and put himself 3rd behind Smyka and Cuffs. Had himself 9th in the A in stock but had a couple of small bobbles in the 3rd qualie which knocked him back to 12th. Still in all an awesome qualifying attempt for someone who races carpet once or twice a year. His Corally looked a lot like Cuffs'--ultra smooth.

Also, congrats to Cuffs for his amazing runs in 19T and stock. Been a long time coming--you deserve it, kid! You had that Corally smooth as silk.

Want to finally thank James Reilly and Jeff B. for putting so much work into their respective runs. James, car looked smooth as usual. It was cool chatting with you as usual. Always got tons of insight in chassis dynamics and such. Jeff, man you worked so hard trying to get that Pro4 going...do I see a Corally in your future?

Stephen Sobottka - great meeting you too. We'll definitely be seeing you around. Hope to see you at the Carpet Nats and at our race in June at Jackson R/C.

Tim Potter - same here. Like Steve said, it's good to put faces to guys we chat with all the time. You laid down a solid run also. Congrats.

John Fontaine - hey, dude. Yeah, Freddy and I were down at the Birds. Tag was at Potbelly's on Sunday. We hope to run at DC this weekend. Gotta get the concensus for where everyone is going to run.

All the team guys - glad you liked your packages. The decals came from MaxSpeed on Friday, so I'll be sending them out this week. Enjoy.