R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 PM
ixlr8nz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Thanks for the reply. I've always thought that the voltage drop off of a low capacity battery would be significant. Not sure, but it's worth a try. I did run the car with a shorty 4200 pack, but that offset the side to side balance significantly and the car didn't handle well.

The Factory Team titanium turn buckles shaved off another 3.5 grams. I also bought the Factory Team motor mount, but that was only good for 1 gram of savings

I ordered the lundsford titanium hinge pins, so I'm hoping that will save approx. 5 or more grams. Once I reduce the wire/plug that goes to the battery I think I'll be sitting around the 1475 mark.

The only place left I think I can shave weight is maybe switching to more carbon parts. I ordered the carbon rear tower, and chassis braces. No actual replacement chassis's seem to exist anymore

The battle continues!

Go to a shorty pack as thats a much cheaper way to save 100+ grams. Just rearrange some of the electrics to get the balance right. I'm in the process right now myself. More than likely either the esc, receiver or transponder or a combo of the above.