R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help with Blitz Flux RTR Kit. It doesnt work! What else do I need?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 PM
c00lguy
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaxxWrecker07
1) Good charger and or battery - I will leave inexpensive chargers up to someone else to answer. I run Turnigy Nano-tech batteries (2S and 3S 5000 MAh)
2) 2S is two lithium polymer cells in series, which results in higher voltage. Two cells in series is 7.4V, 3S is 11.1V.
3)MAh is capacity of the pack. The higher the number, the longer the runtime
4) You will need to refer to the Blitz's manual for the ESC capability for voltage. If it's a vapor pro, it's likely capable of 3S, but 2S will result in cooler running equipment and less strain on the drivetrain.
5) C refers to the current discharge capacity of the pack. Again, the higher the better "punch" you'll get. In your case, a "C" rating of 20C or higher should be sufficient. I run 40C or higher since I'm running a Savage Flux that pulls down much more current due to weight and overall motor power.

Hope this helps some. This will give you an idea of what you're getting into. Buy a lipo sack to store and charge the batteries you get, and monitor them as they charge. Good luck, things have changed a lot since the 80's!
Thanks for the great info!