R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 05:22 AM
iScream
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
I was under the impression people were breaking the front tower brace not the tower itself. Is that correct? If that's the case, I watched a guy break one last weekend. He was running it for the first time and hadn't driven a 1/10 scale car in a LONG time. He was struggling to land a particular jump and when you didn't land it right you ended up kind of cartwheeling into the wall. That will do it.
I think you're right and we're just kinda calling the whole thing the tower.

I laughed when I read that above. This car and my B5M are the first 10th scalers I've had for almost 20 years. But I did drive 8th scale offroad last season. I had some pretty good wrecks the first time I ran mine on carpet a few weeks ago. Biggest problem I had was the shocks popping off at the tower and camber/steering links popping off.

When I took it apart after the first race day to change my caster, the four screws that attach the inner hinge pin hangers were all bent pretty bad. I think Torrance said that would be the case rather than bent pins. One of my pins is tweaked a little too but everything still seems to be moving properly. I'm ordering a set of hinge pins this morning to take care of it though.

I was actually surprised how well the suspension was working with all four of those screws being bent the way they were.