R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 02:14 PM
shannow
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

I'm pretty happy with how the b5m behaves now on thick carpet but I'd like to know how can you gain rear grip in entry/breaking corner ? The rear snaps too early.
I'm having the theory that more anti squat would limit weight transfer while breaking. I've put in 3° toe in with 2° antisquat and would like to test the 3°toe in + 3° antisquat.
My idea is that as it's rwd the deceleration in governed by the rear wheel as the front is just free wheeling.
Therefore the force is more of a CG/rear anti squat geometry matter. more anti squat = a force more directed at the CG hence less weight transfer while accelerating but also less transfer while breaking. And more weight on the rear = more grip in entry corner under breaking.
Can you confirm or explain why this would be wrong ? And if possible how to gain rear grip in this situation.

My setup :
Front:
45wt 2x1.6piston std position
B5 arm with B5 shock tower
Red springs
25° kick up with 5° caster
0° toe with 1° camber
std ackerman
std camber link position with no shims (HRC)
Short wheelbase
Low profile cut staggers yellow schumacher tires
Rear
25wt 2x1.7piston
B5 rear arm
Green springs
3° toe in and 2°antisquat
1° camber
Std camber link position with no shims (HRC)
Shortest wheelbase
Ball diff
120g weight set behind battery (partialy around motor) with shorty rearwards.
Mini Pin yellow schumacher with medium foams.

Apart from the lack of breaking she's pretty much dialed to me I'm faster than the fastest 4wd at the club as it is.

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Jonathan