R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Anyone using 1.6 pistons with a car around 1540 grams on high bite? Just wanting to see what oil/springs you went with. I am at grey/grey and 32.5/30 oils.

Also, I have to give Kudos to AE for the B5M Lite car. Sure their QC leaves a lot of room for improvement, but they really deliver the product driver want as a full package. Kyosho and TLR both have light chassis. But neither seems interested in putting it into a kit. And only AE seems to release a car specifically configured for stock racing in MM. There are a few things I would have done differently with the B5M. But I have to say, AE is really ahead of the game in delivering kits the customers want/need. Sure everyone wants the FT right away and not wait a year, but still I think AE is ahead of the competition in a lot of ways. Now if the kits would just come with all the right parts and screws, lol.

Here is my "wish list from AE"
- screw down wing mounts
- Waterfall fan mount
- one piece front spindles in +2,3,4mm. The inserts get too much play in them, and I dont think a new design using inserts would be much better.
- A foamless battery mounting system.

Such a small list really. They already fixed the ball cups, gave us light weight chassis, a 3 gear MM tranny and many other goodies. I dont think my wish list will ever be made by AE. But Heck, I never thought they would release a light weight chassis.