R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushless rubber sedan racing
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 07:07 PM
GordonFreeman
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't care which brushless system is speced. But specing the ROAR brushless would make sense. Just out of curiosity, what in my post would make you think I was talking about the Novak? I didn't say anything about it or the ROAR spec. Are you a mind reader?

That's exactly what I would like to do, use the ROAR spec brushless system. The old brushed motors, as we all know are only as good as they are tuned and how often you can afford to turn them and replace the brushes.

At my club I have used a 4300 stock brushless with the radio throttle end point turned down to about 75% to make it of comparable power to conventional 27T motors. Unfortunately whiners still force me into the "open" class, where I put about 4 laps on the nearest competition because there are not enough people to fill out a proper open class.

Anybody tried anything else to try to make stock brushless comparable to conventional 27T motors? Strap a 2lb drag sled to the car? 2WD? Hopeless?

2006 worlds? Good god, what would you expect the "trickle down" to the club level be 2008? 2010? I thought the FE boat guys I raced with last year were kidding when they told me I should go into hibernation for 5 years, if I expected to race a brushless car. Starting to look like they knew what they were talking about, sad.