R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 02-03-2015, 07:16 AM
Jeepy2013
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tksnobords
do any of you guys use the "gullwing" arms and wide shock tower from the B5M? i was thinking of picking a set up and trying them out...

i was reading this article and it said,

"Bob Stellflue, however, explained that the gullwing arms, and wider front shock tower that accompanies them, will instead be a tuning option – and that they’ll most likely be used on the rear-motor car more often. Whereas the straight front arm design increases the progressive feel of the front suspension, making it “stiffer” as the car rolls during cornering, the gullwing arms maintain a much more linear rate as the shocks compress, which makes the front end of the car feel “softer” and increases the car’s steering response."

- http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2014...c10b5-and-b5m/
Was curious about this as well. I was running my B5M in stock, but have since changed it up and run mod with it so I picked up a B5 RM to run in stock class. Looking forward to running the RM car tomorrow night as I haven't run a RM buggy in years.

We have a few hairpin turns, so I will need some decent steering out of the RM car. I have added a 1/2 oz under rack (my car still comes in under weight) running MIP top shaft, MIP Pucks, Exotek slipper eliminator, JC turnbuckles.