R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New vbc f-1 lightingf
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 03:09 PM
TENCHO
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by disaster999
This was just my take on VBC's LightningF. Of course I dont have have the resources as you on testing RC F1 cars. Im just going by my car kit building experiences not limiting to F1 (1/12th, 1/10 electric, 1/10 nitro)

Most of my concerns on the front end wouldnt affect handling as the pivot balls do not actually need to move, steering arm doesnt slide on the shaft, and caster is fixed. This is all my experience when building this particular kit. Hell I might of gotten a bad batch or something, who knows.

That aside, heres my finished F1 with electronics put int. I actually havent seen any decent picture of the VBC F1 fulled kitted out with electronics and no body so heres mine. I hope my ESC would be fine with no cooling fan in its current location. Im thinking of adding some ducting to direct to the ESC to help cool it off

I run mine with the battery forward, esc to the rear...I did the kingpin mod, using Tamiya ti-coated shafts, got rid of the steering stoppers...and had to shorten the ballcup on the center shock to shorten the Droop to zero. that's pretty much it...oh and I had to use a little threadlock on all the screwes that go into aluminum...I ran on asphalt, and many came loose. no problems with the center shock, and the esc never gets warm enough to need a fan