R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Bmans5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pearso888
Does anyone know if there is any company out their that is making a hop up replacement part for the l shaped plastic battery holders. I keep splitting and breaking them.

Thanks in advance
Not to my knowledge. The part that is breaking, is the the part you can slip a velcro strap through?
If so this was my solution (with a friends help).
We added longer screws used a punch to punch through the strap and secured it with a nylon locking nut. (I would add an image but apparently I can't, but you should be able to figure out what I am saying.)
It works great...would be even better if I had a hard case battery but still works as long as I add servo tape under the battery. My buddy did the same thing on his VBC and so far both of us have had no battery issues.....and we have hit things HARD, my car actually got airborne a few races ago and it was fine....body was mangled though.

my only really big issue is the softness of some of the plastic. Normally it would be ok but the adjustablity (additional mount points, IE holes) make it so things strip out easily. MY solution has been to stuff every adjustable point with a m3x5 set screws. I hope we see some harder plastic in the future.