R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:43 AM
rcwck
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edonsohc
the stock shock bladders are known to leak and get air in the shocks. the losi bladders fit much better and I haven't had any leaks since switching.

the 4.4 x 2.0 o rings helped with the diff that is known to leak. mine was dry for about a month or a little more with the 4.4 o rings. it has started leaking again, but does not leak as fast or as much as the stock o rings. I'm going to try some silicone the next time I have the diff apart.
Shocks are still good after several months. No squeaks and silky smooooth since the Losi bladders. Amazing what a good bladder will do.

I have gone to the silicone glue for the output shaft o rings and the results are good. I have a rear and front diff in both cars with no leaks. I cut a Q-Tip in half and pull it through the o ring and housing to clean out the silicone after gluing. Diff housing must be completely clean and glue must be dry before reassembly. I doubt if the front diffs would leak even without o rings using that 500k grease.

Thinking about playing at the track today. Pat just posted that he is opening because of only a level 1 snow emergency. It's very light snow for now so the road crews can keep up.