R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!
Old 01-31-2015, 01:57 AM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
I know Rob you know I am a big fan of the saying "if your mate is off the pace its just not a race"
We will get the slow speed push sorted eventually.
For next week I will go back to 7deg caster but ill leave the servo where it is in the very forward position, I think this will give us a little more lock for the slow corners. And I know I hate using them but I still have soft fronts to try as a last resort.

Beth.
I think I may do the same too, in regards to moving the servo, and while the car felt a bit more "twitchy" with the reduced caster, once I added a little bit more exponential on the steering, it didn't feel as vague & "mushy" as I noted before, and kind of liked how it was last night. The slight high speed push I experienced could be counted by using a front with a little bit more surface area on it.

Mk 2 shocks are on their way as I got the email today with the tracking number.

@malcnz, I normally do have toe out on the front of the car, which did help a little, along with helping to track straight, so I may add a little more to see how that goes too.

Some F1 final action from our local club last night, Beth's is the yellow car with white wings starting from 3rd, the dark blue car starting from 2nd is the dialed in F104, and the blue/green/white car starting from pole is my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6iq...&feature=share

Rob.