R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW AND IMPROVED RC CAR WORLD
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 01:37 PM
oladele
Tech Master

Default Rules ruling on RCGT

Thank you everyone for thier input, however I have made my decision based upon everyone's input.

As I posted above previously the RCGT class has a spec tire which is HPI X Patten tires. If we are to run the class, we will adhere to the established rules of the class running the HPI tires, not Gravity RCGT tires. Currently the Hobbyshop does not have the HPI Treaded tires in stock. Until he Hobbyshop has them in stock or the next 2 weeks you may use either Gravity RC USGT or HPI X Pattern tires.

The next two weeks RCGT will be an exibition class, because we are allowing both tires.

Trust me, I get that guys have USGT tires in thier box and they are not getting any use, I understand Gravity tires are less expensive, however RCGT is a "Spec" class of racing. It would be to the detriment of the track to stray away from established guidelines. Again this may not be the popular decision but I must make the right decision for the best interest of the entire race program.

• Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis. New or old, it doesn’t matter.
• Any “realistic/scale” Touring Car/GT body. No “Race” bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6 etc. Bodies should represent models that are running or have been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc. HPI Racing has a huge selection of these type of bodies on their web site.
• Any 26mm spoked wheels. No dish wheels. HPI Racing has a huge selection of these on their web site as well.
• HPI Racing X-Pattern tires. There are 3 different tire choices:
• HPI #4790 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm M-Compound (base spec tire)
• HPI #4490 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm Pro Compound
• HPI #4495 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire 26mm Pro Compound
• Kit Lexan wing or #85612 HPI Racing Plastic Realistic Wing Set only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class)
• 27T Brushed or 17.5 Brushless Motor.
• 6-Cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.2/7.4v battery limit.
• Suggested minimum weight limit: 1350 grams

Last edited by oladele; 01-30-2015 at 01:58 PM.