View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 10:40 AM
kewdawg
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Staying True To The Original Class

Originally Posted by oladele
Gentlemen,
We can run RCGT utilizing Gravity tires instead of the HPI's. I understand cost is an issue, I myself am a racer as well so I can empathize with the cost of the of the hobby. To your point an individual can in fact use one car swapping tires and body. 17.5 motor, Blinky, non TC body, Gravity Rc USGT tires.

these are the generally accepted RCGT rules;

The un-official/official rules of RCGT were set up so that every car could be equally matched, the difference being the chassis/platform you start off with. Again, the idea is to keep it as inexpensive as possible while making it fun and realistic.
• Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis. New or old, it doesn’t matter.
• Any “realistic/scale” Touring Car/GT body. No “Race” bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6 etc. Bodies should represent models that are running or have been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc. HPI Racing has a huge selection of these type of bodies on their web site.
• Any 26mm spoked wheels. No dish wheels. HPI Racing has a huge selection of these on their web site as well.
• HPI Racing X-Pattern tires. There are 3 different tire choices:
• HPI #4790 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm M-Compound (base spec tire)
• HPI #4490 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm Pro Compound
• HPI #4495 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire 26mm Pro Compound
• Kit Lexan wing or #85612 HPI Racing Plastic Realistic Wing Set only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class)
• 27T Brushed or 17.5 Brushless Motor.
• 6-Cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.2/7.4v battery limit.
• Suggested minimum weight limit: 1350 grams"
I would like to run the class, but I'm against going away from the RCGT format for USGT. I have no issues with the x-pattern tires and those who have run the class previous, would probably still have some they can utilize and save money. Plus, those tires can be easily ordered and made available at the local shops.