MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All,
Reports of good results and wins with the IFS already;
http://rcformula1.com.au/index.php/a...ound-1-results

Originally Posted by pug205
Hi Guys,

I have ordered an IRS set today am just getting the parts together ready for installation. I have a Savox SC-1251MG servo already with a cheap servo spacer. Can anyone tell me if the Tamiya 51000 servo spacer works with it or do you need a different brand of servo?

Cheers
Hi, Congrats on the upgrade! When you say servo spacer do you mean servo saver? The plastic one is very flimsy and may not last you the race day. Pick up the alloy version and use all of the metal springs to stiffen the servo saver or the car will just wander all over the place.

Originally Posted by NutDriver
OK, I have a dumb@$$ question (me being the dumb@$$) for you. What does mounting the rear shock backwards on the rear pod do to your handling?

Scott
It's probably not even noticeable if it were switched but in theory shock body to the back creates more unsprung weight so could slow the pod down and not react to bumps and weight transfer (less grip). And if your shock develops any air it is like shaking a can of soda and wants to mix all the bubbles into the oil